Page 1 of 1
Truck Performance \  Heater hotter and other radiator additives

Heater hotter and other radiator additives

Truck Performance General Discussions
views 2024
replies 4
following 5

Layumon22s   +1y
Any opinions on things like heater hotter and other radiator additives that are supposed to allow your car to warm up faster? I'm moving north soon and don't want it to take 20 minutes to get my car hot in the mornings. I've looked at oil pan/block warmers but not everywhere has a power source that I can plug in to.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DEI-040206/
frankie   +1y
yu could put a diferent thermostat in. i also see alot of old people puting card board infront of thier radiator. not realy shure what that does but i see it alot up here.
oxtaco   +1y
the card board is the way to go, just cut a piece about half the width of your radiator and attach it to the outside of it. it effectively reduces the size and allows your engine to get to operating temp faster. i think if you put stuff in the antifreeze it would just lead to problems come summertime.. thats just my two pennies
simple-pleasurez   +1y
yeah i dunno if i would use an additive. it would make your engine hotter and could lead to probs. do the cardboard trick. it keeps the cold air from flowing across your rad and lets it warm faster.
yanieG   +1y
I'm not really good when it comes to engines but I guess an article I found recently may interest you. From what I read in that article, when you go in for an oil change or basic tune-up, your mechanic may offer an engine flush. Motor flushes are among those services that are offered much more frequently than they are really needed. Here is the article: The basics of an engine flush.
Page 1 of 1