Page 1 of 1
Off-topic \  power window question

power window question

Off-topic General Discussions
views 341
replies 2
following 3

decivic   +1y
since its cold ass shit outside my driver side window sometimes wont roll down. could this be cold related and nothin 2 worry about? its a 99 integra any help would be awsome
r0ckstarr   +1y
Edited: 12/25/2010 4:12:19 AM by r0ckstarr

Edited: 12/25/2010 4:11:23 AM by r0ckstarr

I'd hate to replace the more expensive motor, only to find out that the cheaper switch was the culprit.

As long as it's not frozen shut, I would start by checking the wiring that runs from the up/down switch to the window motor. Push and pull on the wires to verify that they are in place and making contact with where they are supposed to go. Then inspect the wires that lead into the door. If everything looks good, then it's time to get out the test light to determine if the problem is the switch or the motor. Then replace the faulty part.

Or, a different route, find another up/down switch in a junkyard or eBay for really cheap and swap them out. If it still continues to do it, then you know it's not the switch.

Maybe you'll get lucky and find a loose ground wire in there somewhere.
darrylsaladino   +1y
Edited: 12/29/2010 2:29:49 AM by darrylsaladino

Edited: 12/29/2010 2:29:00 AM by darrylsaladino

The fuse for the power mirrors was raplaced and they are working again but the switch for that is on the dash and not in the power window controller in the door handle ! I ordered a new power window switch and it is doing the exact same thing.

________________Vlc Player Download
Page 1 of 1