Page 1 of 2
Tools \  favorite place to buy tools?

favorite place to buy tools?

Tools Q & A
views 1353
replies 11
following 9

FluffyFreak   +1y
so wheres everyones favorite place to get tools? besides off the (insert tool company here) trucks. im good with Husky tools from Home Depot, they seem to be pretty goo dquality, just wish they had the ratcheting open end wrenches craftsman put out recently, soon enough tho
Petey   +1y
Edited: 10/20/2010 8:49:11 AM by Dick2

yea man im partial to MATCO. I have quite a bit of Husky stuff to. I get alot of stuff of of Craigs List you can pretty much find anything on there
Wicked Fantacies   +1y
I've been very please with the reliability from my kobalt tools from lowes.
maztang (ryan)   +1y
Other than Snap-On and Matco, I like Sears, and Lowes. If you guys want sheetmetal tools don't bother to much with Eastwood on their clecos and cleco pliers and things like that. Check out www.yardstore.com I have been buying from those guys for years and they are badass. Great prices and when you spend over 100 bucks you get free shipping. I am an aviation sheetmetal fabricator so this is where I buy most of my stuff from. Also check out www.chadstoolbox.com for some great prices.
unusualfabrication   +1y
I have a ton of Snap-On hand tools, some Craftsman, and a few Husky odds and ends. I, like Ryan, also get my Cleco Pliers and Clecos from "The Yard Store", great prices! I'm a CraigsList adict so I check there everyday. I just scored a Lincoln Pro-Cut 25 off there for $450 and its in "like new" condition! I also scored my Linciln TIG off there too.
FluffyFreak   +1y
where else do you guys find good metal workin tools for a low price? id like to pick up a english wheel and bead roller, but im suspect of the ones at Harbor freight
maztang (ryan)   +1y
Check www.woodwardfab.com, www.tinmantech.com, there are some other places to, but I can't think right now.
92zuzuman   +1y
Hit every yard sale and flea market you can find. I have scored some amazing deals on hand tools. Craigslist works good too.
plyrh8r1   +1y
harbor is a good place too.
unusualfabrication   +1y
Funny you said that you wanted an E-wheel. I just picked one of those up on CraigsList too, scored it for $75 and it came with two anvils! The HF metal working tools can be made to work decent with some mods. I actually posted my HF bead roller build on here and I think there was another guy on here that modded a HF bead roller as well. Do a google search for the HF E-wheel mods, theres quite a few that have been modded to work decent. If you wheeled everyday I might be inclined to spend money on a quality unit but for occasional wheeling its hard to beat the price of the HF wheel.