threads
Page 1 of 3
Wheel Questions \  anyone running 235/30/22 and/or 285/25/24? or close?

anyone running 235/30/22 and/or 285/25/24? or close?

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 3055
replies 21
following 16

Dejavu   +1y
Edited: 9/27/2010 10:53:55 PM by Dejavu

juuuust what it says..anyone running 235/30/22 and/or 285/25/24? Or are you running something close? any pictures..or in your profile?
bigjon   +1y

they are 275/25/24's
post photo
post photo
Dejavu   +1y
thanks! have you driven on them yet? they look reeeaalll small.... how comfortable do you feel with that tire? do you/ do you intend to drive it a whole lot?
jetts   +1y
Edited: 9/28/2010 1:17:30 AM by puponair

not sure on the size, but its a tiny 24" ive personally driven the truck and its not bad at all.

post photo
Rob Clayhill   +1y
a friend of mine was running tires just like those on his 94 caprice, hit a nail and his wheel shattered.
lots of horror stories with running tiny tires.
Milk Man   +1y
I have 275/25/24's on my dakota. I put about 400 miles on it this year driving to shows. I hit some pretty bad spots on the road and didn't have any problems. It does help to stay very alert to the road conditions. It also depends if you are running the tires on a fullsize truck because of the added weight.
4pumpedTLon20s   +1y
i just went to Dub show in San Diego 491 miles one way from nor cal and i running 295-25-26 on 3 piece tis wheels and on bags on my 07 gmc yukon, drove there and back 1000 miles in one weekend and i agree you have to be alert to road conditions you cant be hitting big potholes, or your done, i have my hid foglights on when i drive at night and it really helps even though i get flashed because of how bright they are. i went to sema last year and back and everything was cool then the day after i got home, i went around the corner from my house and hit a big ass pothole and cracked a rim, lol hella funny but yeah i dont mind running small tires its all in how alert you drive and if you hit a big pothole it dont matter what size tire you have you probably gonna do some damage, ive bent a stock rim before hitting a huge hole.
4pumpedTLon20s   +1y
and it always help to buy a brand name tire, i know some people say brand dont matter but i have pirellis and my boy has the same size tire in the fullruns, and he has cracking issues on the tires, i also use to have wanlis in a bigger size and they cracked and leaked alot, since i have had the pirellis i love the ride, ride much smoother then the bigger wanlis i had, they were 305-30-26 so sometims it does help to pay more and get a better brand,
Dejavu   +1y
i appreciate the help... more testimonials please!

i live in new orleans .... and this year we ranked 6th in the nation for the worst roads! i can certainly contest to the roads around here being horrible and thats what concerns me with the tire sizes. at 1400 a wheel its not going to be fun bending or cracking one and i just couldnt afford to ball that hard. im testing the waters here and seeing what people have to ssay because i do intend to drive mine to shows. its nearly impossible around here to get on the interstate and stay safe without beating up the vehicle. hell, thats how the little shop blazer got so beat up was coming to my house.. ON A TRAILER!
bigjon   +1y
I dont plan on drive mine much at all, so.