Page 1 of 1
Foreign Cars (honda, etc) \  honda balljoint trouble

honda balljoint trouble

Foreign Cars (honda, etc) General Discussions
views 811
replies 8
following 7

Ryan984   +1y
hi all since i juiced my car the balljoint seals are not standing up to the extra movement as they are old & perished,new balljoints dont come by themselves but with a control arm . at 400 per corner im not to keen on buy new ae.what has everyone else come up with? i cant find new seals btw
drpitlo   +1y
ebay that sounds a lil bit high for control arms. but mb that is also freight to you i dont know but try ebay
purpl7duece   +1y
My friend has used the Adjustable Control Arms from chassis tech (airbagit.com) for the past 3 years with no problems in his juiced Honda. He went through two sets of factory arms in under a year before switching. I believe you can scoop a pair up for just above $150. http://www.airbagit.com/product-p/carx-acu-9799.htm
tukn18saccord   +1y
are you running cylinders bigger than 6s
tre5   +1y
I run 8's on every Honda I have ever done. So don't worry about running a cylinder bigger than a 6". Besides...... the most strain you put on the ball joint is when it is DOWN, so it doesn't matter what size cylinder you run. I have never had a ball joint boot go out on one.

My suggestion would be to either get the airbagit.com ones or head to the junk yard and find a good set. $400 does seem like a whole bunch of $$ for a set of stocks. I bet you could pick them up from the junk yard for $40 a pair.
k24 rd6   +1y
This reminds my boots are gone on my accord and I need to get some new ones.

Is it just the boot that is bad or the whole ball joint? Energy suspension sell replacement boots. You can find aftermarket replacement ball joints but the from what I read the boots don't last very long.

tukn18saccord   +1y
I only gave 200 for a set of control arms for my civic at the dealership, why is it so much there?
Ryan984   +1y
cheers for the help guys

i am running 8's in the front & 12's in the rear
the balljoints themselves are ok just the boots are perished, the car is 17 years old but hasnt done alot of kilometres
ive looked in the wrecking yards but the ones ive seen are no good either,
i will weigh up my options on the w.e

jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Ive made a set of honda control arms with my Jeebus Joints, and they were cheeper than you would pay for the ones at the dealership, and there far nicer.

damn, thats pricey.

Taylor
Page 1 of 1