threads
Page 1 of 1
Nissan Trucks \  Can't buy a 2wd 720 pitman arm? wtf?

Can't buy a 2wd 720 pitman arm? wtf?

Nissan Trucks Make Specific
views 485
replies 6
following 5

bodydropped720   +1y
I have looked all over the f'n place.  Parts stores in town & online. Even ebay. I cant find a brand new pitman arm anywhere! Sure people on ebay "have them" but the pic they have (wich i've emailed to varify it wasn't a garneric pic) the arm has the mini ball joint made into the bottom of it & that is not how my 720 and I would assume everybody elses 2wd is made. The joints are made into the center/drag link. And yet still every dumbass at the parts store wants to argue with me. My brand spankin' new moog idler arm doesn't have the joint made into it so why would my pitman arm! If any of you guys out there could help me let me know! That would be awesome! If you have a factory one that IS NOT worn out let me know! Thank you guys for listening to me vent! 
slmmdd97   +1y

do u have napa auto parts there?  U can also go online to napa auto parts, they may have it good luck with it hope you can find one
waynehammer   +1y
I Just looked it up at work and it says it is a crash item (non wear) alot of pitman arms are like that. I checked the moog book, falcon, and one source chassis. All say the same thing, only 4x4 is available. Time to hit up a scrap yard because I'm sure the dealer ran out of them a long time ago. Try cal minitruck
bodydropped720   +1y

Thanks guys for all the help! Napa? hell no they didn't have one, trust me I checked! as for the dealer? well, as luck would have it, they had one! and believe me it was pricey! But, new ideler arm, new tie rods & new drag link, so why not have a sweet new oem pitman arm! OEM baby! anyway thats the story & final result. I'm not sure if the dealer has anymore the parts guy said that was the last one they showed in stock. Again, thank for the help, and thanks Wayne for checking all them suspension people!
ahab   +1y

If its like the toyota pitman arm it would never need to be replaced because it doesnt have any joints.  Its just a piece of metal with a spline on one side and a tapered hole on the other.  No sure though
bodydropped720   +1y

It is like the yota pitman arm, mine was damaged, it's a long story.........
ahab   +1y

gotcha, ya I know how you feel on that one because one day I got this great idea to build a new drag link so I drilled the hole out in the pitman arm to put a heim on it then relized that the joint that on there stock doesnt rotate it just spins.  I had to go on a junk yard search to find a new one also. 
Page 1 of 1