Page 1 of 1
Nissan Trucks \  ugly 720 water pump??

ugly 720 water pump??

Nissan Trucks Make Specific
views 578
replies 7
following 4

bodydropped720   +1y
The factory water pump has a huge ugly fan clutch/spring pack thingy on the face of the pump to wich the fan bolts up. I want to run electric fans. Has anybody ever cut this thing off??????? It definitely doesn't look like it is ment to be removed.
bodydropped720   +1y

Come on 720 owners I know your out there! I know you know what I am talking about! LOL Ive seen one truck that didn't have that fan clutch and it was just the pulley. It looked way better. I have a beater truck & im thinkin bout cutting it off that pump & see what happens. But I don't want to loose an eye, I love looking at boobs!
gimp5561   +1y

go too the parts store and look at a newer year like hardbody waterpumps if you motor is a z24may not have that made to the pump in the latter years
bodydropped720   +1y

Allready thought of that. There is another nissan pump that will bolt to that motor but the snout is to long, the pulley is in the wrong place (I think)
cookiemonster13   +1y

if the pulley is in the wrong place. buy the pump and figure out the differnce in height of the snout. take it to a machine shop press the new one apart and have them cut it down and press it back together. i have done it on 3 or 4 water pumps in tight areas that i need an inch or so...
bodydropped720   +1y

interesting idea I guess,....thanks for the info. Nice talkin to ya again. I still havn't made it to bragshaw fab Lol. (I plan on it though) I allready cut up the other pump and seems to be fine. Never heard of your idea cookie but it seems reasonable I guess. I'm not tryn to go all crazy for the pump just tryn to clean it up. If all else fails ill just buy a new fan and run it oem style! haha
bodydropped720   +1y

oh BTW cookie, the truck that i saw with the modified pump was grant beavers lil bro.  I don't know them personally but spook had send me a pic of his 720
cookiemonster13   +1y

yeah i am familiar with that truck. like i said if you want exactly what you said that is the way to do it. is it time consuming and if you are paying some, exspensive, YES! still that is how you do it  Bagshaw could do the water pump for you also.
Page 1 of 1