Page 1 of 1
Foreign Cars (honda, etc) \  98 eclipse rs ..changed plug wires now car bogs

98 eclipse rs ..changed plug wires now car bogs

Foreign Cars (honda, etc) General Discussions
views 465
replies 7
following 5

hybrid showoff   +1y
ok so i changed my plug wires yesterday on my eclipse, its a stock RS motor. i also had a loose sparkplug so i tightened it to just hand tight. any suggestions as to why the car would bog like it wants to die. maybe tightened sparkplugs too tight? plug wires not working right maybe?

slow50   +1y

did you put the wires on right? coulda mixed them up.
smctoy   +1y

Def check the plug wires & make sure there not crossed. Also make sure that the wires are snapped onto the plug all the way cause they are know for not making a good connection.
hybrid showoff   +1y
Edited: 6/7/2010 1:30:45 AM by hybrid showoff

Edited: 6/7/2010 1:26:02 AM by hybrid showoffcrossed?? i dont think i did because i took them off one at a time as i switched them.  i took the first one out becuase it doesnt snap on to the spark plug but snaps into place on the distributor cap end so ima run it with the stock wire back in place on that one.. i dont know i may just put the stock ones back on.  i did however pull a plug wire out while the car was running for a few seconds before i shut the car off ..could i have upset the timing on the firing somehow by doing that?   thanks for the help guys. i dont know a whole lot about engines. 
Rob Clayhill   +1y

Also look inside the plug wires to see if the connector sleeve that slides over the plug head is not pushed up into the rubber jacket not allowing a good spark to the plugs.
hybrid showoff   +1y

k, just woke up. bout to check it all out before work quick. thanks again everyone.
achievment_farmer   +1y

ohm the wires to check the resistance in them cause i've gotten bad wires from the parts place many times and took them back and they just gave me a new set of wires. 
hybrid showoff   +1y

well the problem was one bad plug wire. all fixed up now. thanks everyone
Page 1 of 1