Page 1 of 1
Tools \  horizontal band saw

horizontal band saw

Tools Q & A
views 419
replies 7
following 8

slow50   +1y
if thats what its called like a chop saw but a band saw. anywase we got one at work and i use it alot. cuts way cleaner then my chop saw. whats a good one to get and whats the average going price? im not looking for a huge one just an average garage size one.
slammedxonair   +1y

I have a JET 7x12 it does a great job.

mindlissmetalfab   +1y
You can get a super basic one from somewhere like harbor Freight for a few hundred. But it all depends what you expect out of it and what kind of materials you are going to be using. I have a KING 7x12 with swivel head, hydraulic feed with a coolant system that runs around $2200. One of the best tools in my shop, i use it every day. Its a pretty rare occasion that I blow the dust off the chop saw for anything.  
AVTekk   +1y
True, once you have a hor band saw, the chop saw gets put away. The cuts are just so much nicer, and usually more precise. The JET units are pretty popular but if youre on a budget, find a good used one local on CL or ebay.
mjavy7   +1y

Harbor freight tools has a desent one for a very reasonable price.
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
The baleigh ones are great.  I have a 7x12 one, and i love it. I had a grizzly one before that, and loved that also, very nice.   Taylor
thacru78   +1y
I paid close to $150 for one at Harbor Freight. Worked ok but I had a hard time getting the blades to stay on. If you tighen it to much I'd break blades...to little I'd fall off. I got tired of breakig $25 blades and I threw it in the trash. I wouldn't recommnd the HF one.
shortrodeo   +1y
Edited: 6/2/2010 7:30:20 PM by ShortRodeo

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by thacru78I paid close to $150 for one at Harbor Freight. Worked ok but I had a hard time getting the blades to stay on. If you tighen it to much I'd break blades...to little I'd fall off. I got tired of breakig $25 blades and I threw it in the trash. I wouldn't recommnd the HF one. ---------------------------------------------I had the exact same issues with my HF band saw so I also threw mine out. I wouldnt recomend one from HF.
Page 1 of 1