Toy Model Cars \  1/18 scale metal chassis Build

1/18 scale metal chassis Build

Toy Model Cars General Discussions
views 2216
replies 9
following 5

JPerry   +1y
Edited: 5/9/2010 11:28:50 PM by JPerry

Bored afterhours in the garage....The chassis consists of Brass square tubing and copper tubing gonna make a functioning suspension, but it will be a manual one I plan on doing tubular control arms and rear link bars. then adding the little details (i.e. bags,comps,air tanks) later. By the way the whole model is diecast metal.      
Jance Customs   +1y

Looks good man! I can't do 1:18 scales very well at all! Are you doing any body mods?
JPerry   +1y
Hey thanks jance, not sure yet on the body mods I really like the color its a real chevy sunburst paint job. I have really been digging the japanese style mini trucks lately where they leave the body mostly stock and go wild on the wheels and suspension, they have just been killin 'em softely lately with there builds.
DougyFrisch   +1y
thats crazy man, i love it!
Petey   +1y
JP get out in the garage and work on your real truck!
JPerry   +1y
Edited: 5/10/2010 11:59:05 AM by JPerry

Dont worry Petey my real truck is goin under the knife this summer when I have more time....in fact im lookin for an older toyota as well know of any? And thanks Dougy more to come later on when I have more spare time.
durangedkustoms   +1y
what year toyota I've got an 85 x-cab bagged stockfloored chopped and suicide doors that I need to get rid of. its a project tho needs motor and trans.
JPerry   +1y
If u had the motor and trans we might of had a deal. u got any pics of it though, mainly though I want one thats already running just  wanna do suspension work really.
JPerry   +1y
Some minor progress today uppers are done front of frame is done. did some grinding on the rear welds to clean em up a bit for when it gets painted. still trying to decide what color to do the frame.    sorry forthe shitty pics ill get better ones later on.  
post photo
post photo
post photo
JPerry   +1y
Edited: 5/14/2010 12:19:49 AM by JPerry

All metal grinded a bit and polished.   updates on progress...  Goin into primer....   Paint fiery orange...   still needs clear coats...came out pretty close..    Gonna do all the bags link bars comps and tanks next....
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
Page 1 of 1