threads
Page 1 of 1
Wheel Questions \  HELP !! Stains on wheels left from chrome spray cleaner..

HELP !! Stains on wheels left from chrome spray cleaner..

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 478
replies 6
following 6

BaggnS10   +1y
I cleaned my chrome 22" wheels with a spray and i noticed that there are discolored streaks coming off of the rivets that run to the outside of the wheel. I'm not sure which brand it is because i threw the bottle away before i realized it had screwed my wheels up. I know these cleaners are mostly acid based, so im assuming when i rinsed the wheels off it didnt get it all out and then slowly streamed out when i drove it... Anyone have any ideas how to get this off? i used a bunch of regular cleaners and tried scrubbing the piss out of it with a soapy sponge, but that had absolutely no effect. Help please !!! thanks guys

Rob Clayhill   +1y

have you tried a powerball with a good polish? i had the same thing happen on my chrome wheels, and i ended getting it off with Eagle 1 wheel cleaner letting it soak then polish the crap outta them.
BaggnS10   +1y

I've only tried some generic all purpose cleaner and windex and neither helped at all..

HaVoC1   +1y
yea, definately need a real wheel cleaner at this point i think. I usually just use invisible glass, but when you need to clean them deep use something more potent.
AZ ARTWORX   +1y
if it is chrome and not plastic use ultra fine steel wool find at a paint store that is all i use on chrome and windows
h8rstyle   +1y
not saying it will but its worth a try, have you tried using coca cola? old school remedy man
post photo
tuckinlugs06   +1y
Edited: 4/26/2010 3:55:08 PM by TuckingLugs05

yeah i use brilo pads when my wheels get real bad ...they make them shine more then any chrome polish ...they are old so im not worried about them that much but they seem not to scratch them ....it takes anything off the wheels baked in brake dust ..rust raod paint anything you need
Page 1 of 1