threads
Page 1 of 2
Toy Model Cars \  a little help please fellas...

a little help please fellas...

Toy Model Cars General Discussions
views 2046
replies 13
following 11

POSJustin   +1y
so, im in college getting my associates in computer drafting and design...one class i have this semester is 3d modeling. everyone is doin houses and buildings and crap like that. i would like to do a full bagged out mandrel bent frame. i would also like to have the body and bed too...the problem is, i have no idea where to start, where to buy shit and so forth. i only have about 3 weeks to get this thing done and i want it to be bad ass. if it is, the school will display it for all to see...i think that would be pretty dope...so, for those of you whose have built some of these sick ass models, PLEASE HELP!!!!

thanks in advance... 
warpedrenderings   +1y
download blender its free, if you in college i pretty much garrenty you dont got the money to buy a top of the line program and licience plus all the plug ins and other programs needed with it. blender is a good program i started with it also look up something called truespace i think it is i never used it but i heard it was decent and also free.
POSJustin   +1y
oh shit bro...thanks for the help, however, i should have been more specific. i have to build a 3d model...like outa material and shit...lol...ive seen some of these model trucks these guys are buildin and i would like to do one for the class...mainly focusing on the rear suspension...
warpedrenderings   +1y
o i thought you where looking for a program to make one in then get it 3d printed
HaVoC1   +1y
The models are sold as a kit, but they are stock... the frames and such are usually hand made and the 'trees' that the parts come on are a great source of materials...
ptman2002   +1y

google  evergreen styrene   or search on tower hobbies.com  also be sure to check out scaledreams.com the size of the tubing depends on the model.  i build all full custom frames on mine,  control arms and bag mounts. 
POSJustin   +1y
sick...thanks bro...what did you use to build all of it? anyone do mandrel bent???
ptman2002   +1y

i have done one with bent rails.  but its hard to keep the same shape on both, 
POSJustin   +1y
--------------------------------------------- Originally posted by ptman2002 google  evergreen styrene   or search on tower hobbies.com  also be sure to check out scaledreams.com   the size of the tubing depends on the model.  i build all full custom frames on mine,  control arms and bag mounts.  --------------------------------------------- i checked these sites out...i couldnt find anything i was lookin for. i think id like a toyota kit and i could just modify the back half...however i cant find a toyota kit....anyone know where i could get one???
customforlife   +1y

sometimes hobbylobby sells the toyota kits i have a ranger im working on right now were i made a custom backhalf from scratch..still working on it too cut oe rail off and used that rail as a starting temp. and went from there with a sheet of plastic  
post photo
post photo
post photo