threads
Page 1 of 1
Foreign Cars (honda, etc) \  2006 nissan sentra won't start....ran out of gas!

2006 nissan sentra won't start....ran out of gas!

Foreign Cars (honda, etc) General Discussions
views 568
replies 4
following 5

miniz2001   +1y
well,  I had to replace my camshaft sensor, and my car was already really low on gas.....after putting the new sensor on, i let the car run for a pretty long while....I woke up this morning to go start it and go to work....it wouldn't start. It shouldn't have vapor lock because it's fuel injection. I put 5 gallons of gas in it and i can hear the fuel pump cycle on and off when i turn the car on and off. I called autozone (because the dealers are trying to make several hundred dollars off of me for this!) and the autozone employee said it's possible i could have tripped a relay? can anyone help me out?
customforlife   +1y

is there an adjustment on the sensor? you may have adjusted it wrong and the cam rubbed the sensor causeing it to go bad...???
menace   +1y
spray some starting fluid into the intake and see if it will start, that will tell you if it is a fuel problem or not, if it doesnt start off starting fluid its something other than the fuel pump,
Numbskull   +1y
first of all dont listen to anyone who works at autozone. there should be a small valve on the fuel line just before it goes into the intake, you can check to see if you have fuel pressure there. if you have good fuel pressure then you are getting gas and it is probably electrical.
KhushbuMalik   +1y
Hi,   Ask some local mechanic. I think it will be better.        Regards,Khushbu Malikhttp://www.carsteering.com/buick_steering.htmBuick Steering
Page 1 of 1