Page 1 of 1
Foreign Cars (honda, etc) \  Honda ?s need help asap

Honda ?s need help asap

Foreign Cars (honda, etc) General Discussions
views 418
replies 5
following 6

jealousonezenvy   +1y
   I got a honda crv. The problems i got are the car will all of a sudden shut off while headin down the highway, what could it be? the next is the heater wont turn on the fuses are good..?? any help would be good thanks
leydbck   +1y
How often does it shut off? How long has it been doing that? My old civic did that a few times right before the timing belt snapped. As for your heater. Does it not blow warm air or does it not turn on at all?  Since you checked your fuses I would start tracing the power. Get a test light and see if you are getting power to the heater switches/controls and go from there.
medicus   +1y

throw away your test light get a volt meter and check the wire leads for 12v give or take a volt start from the heater motor and work back to the switch till you find power also check the relay for the heater
dillinja666   +1y

Ive worked on a couple that had a problem like that.  It took a while to figure it out but the actual computer was taking a dump, we ended up getting one from a junkyard and the problem was fixed.  Ive seen 3 of them now that have done that.  Flying down the freeway or what not and they just turn off like you turned the key off.  You could let it sit and idle all day long and nothing would happen but when you were actually driving it the car would shut off.   As for the heater issue are you not getting any HEAT, or not getting any air out of the vents at all? those are two completly different problems, you need to be more clear
otterboy47   +1y

What year is this CRV? Early models had a ignition recall that would do what you are talking about. It would sit and run all day then when you drive it down the road it will die. as far as the heater. If its blowing cold, did you change the coolant latley? If you did there could be an air bubble in the system. You need to pull the cap and run the motor at 3k rpm and add coolant until the blower air heats up and the air bubble passes. If the blower motor is not running it could be the blower motor resistor or thethe motor its self. Grab your volt meter and check for power and ground.Good luck.
VinTol   +1y
Check the distributor cap had one that did that and after spendin way too much money tryin to figure it out, thats all it was
Page 1 of 1