Page 1 of 2
Foreign Cars (honda, etc) \  layin out a civic.. a few questions

layin out a civic.. a few questions

Foreign Cars (honda, etc) General Discussions
views 1067
replies 14
following 8

BiGw0rM   +1y
I am running 18s and 20s on my 2009 civic. Im tubbing rear out....and removing fenders in front....What else do I need to lay out.... mod strut towers? a-arms?

AON-4PumpedCL   +1y

First of all a 2009 Civic is Mcpherson strut so there are not any upper A-arms.  I hate to sound like a broken record, but it'll be MUCH easier to get this lower if you use hydraulics vs. some kind of strut bag due to the large size of a bag, etc.  I would first suggest just letting the car sit as low as it'll go naturally and my guess is you'd be surprised how low it'll sit (especially with 18's up front).  From there you can decide if it's really necessary to start cutting.  BTW, I drive the same bodystyle civic as a commuter car, so the suspension is very familiar to me.  Check out www.hydroholics.net. -Aaron
BiGw0rM   +1y

Aaron.... Will the twenties lay out? also will camber screw me from tuckin rim while I roll? I want to roll minitruck style front up back down.... thanks for your input
gravity5   +1y

Keep in mind that by rolling that way you will prematurely kill your tires, the camber in the rear as well as the toe will greatly increase your tire wear.
BiGw0rM   +1y

anything i can do....to minimize tire wire?
leydbck   +1y
Juice it so you can raise it to drive.
BiGw0rM   +1y

am....
Cosa Nostra   +1y

nothin better then a honda draggin and 3 wheelin all in one!!!!

BiGw0rM   +1y

thanks for your help guys
AON-4PumpedCL   +1y

You will get minimal (if any) camber in the front just toe change since it's McPherson.  20's will certainly fit and there are a few 8th Gen civics layed out on 20's already (I've seen a few on cardomain.com) but most are on air so don't sit too low.  I think with some minor trimming for tire clearance up front you should sit really low.  In the rear you'll get camber.  If you plan to drive low in the back all the time you could just get a camber kit, but then you will have positive camber at stock height.  I would just leave the rear alone and save your minitruck stance for special occasions.  I've been fighting the temptaion to throw some hydros in mine, but I park the thing outside every night and don't want anything to get stolen.  If you have any other quesitons don't hesitate to ask.