threads
Page 1 of 1
Nissan Trucks \  1998 Frontier Repair...

1998 Frontier Repair...

Nissan Trucks Make Specific
views 314
replies 6
following 5

McClarys   +1y
customer had someone back into the side of his Nissan pass side ...   He recently had "ANOTHER SHOP" install some Suicidedoors for him...   unfortantly the doors would only open about 25 degrees out before the back of the doors hit the cab, on both sides. even before the wreck....  so the customer asked us to redo the hinges and try to make the doors open more...  so here goes the process ...the damaged.. door crushed, and rear panel crushed,  this pic it had tons of bondo in it that someone tried to fix...  hint, bondo is not always the key to filling in 1.5" creases.. lol   heres a pic of the door when you first open it...   it drops down about .50" on both sides.... ouch!  this is about how far the door would open... even before the wreck , on both sides..   we started by marking the inner panel to cut out so we can access the inside... we stripped the paint and bondo to see what kind of mess we're in for..  we got some work ahead of us! i started hammering out the damage from behind .. overstretched it on purpose,  so i can shrink it down where i needed it to be.. hard to explain.. but just hang in there.. still little rough . take notice we removed the hinges getting closer , but still few high and low spots..  no worries.. little more hammering and shrinking...     got it this far.. got it pretty damn straight...  little bit skim bodyfiller, its done , almost.. lol now on to the other parts..customer brought us an aftermarket door.. so we needed to shave the handles....  making the filler panel and marking out to cut   tacked it in place by tig welding.. tig welded the panel up .. yeah, not really pretty welds.. lol.. i was in a rush , so i just welded it up all at once.. no cooling time. lol..  also take note, the aftermarket door was alot thinner then the stock nissan door...   little warping, due to welds,  after the heat from the welds cool, this causes the panel to shrink , making it draw inward like this...  no big deal...  just some hammer and dolly work stretching the Heat effect haz zone back out.. still got little more hammering to do , but didnt get pics of finish  making some inner panel parts.. make a sheetmetal plate (16 gauge) with some bead rolls to stiffen up the door...  there was also , under the panel some gussets welded in too... no handle.. with some modifying the hinges (per customer request) we were able to get the door to open more..  we redid the passenger side doors too , so they would open more..  prettymuch had to cut out the hinges, modify them and then weld them back in with more structal support ..  after many hours of work and redoing stuff...   finially finished the truck...here it is with doors open much more..     final pic , across the street from my shop....owner over there die'n to get his truck back.. lol  truck suppose to come back to get re-bagged and etc....   they put a 2 link on it using the stock hangers, and the stock hangers hangs down below the frame 2-3" .. so the truck does not lay frame...    so in the future , he has plans for us to 4link it and and etc.. to lay the truck out....hope everyone enjoyed the pics... there were alot more things done, then what was pictured...   .... Mat    
smctoy   +1y

great job on the repair...you guys so some kick ass work!
pugz   +1y

GREAT QORK AS ALWAYS MAT. NOW IF I QUIT SELLING TRUCKS THAT I HAVE THERE YOU CAN SHOW OFF YOUR SKILLS ON MY SHTT. LMAO
McClarys   +1y
for real pugz....   we need to figure out what you want done.. lol 
pugz   +1y
im making the list... its a much smaller one than last time though
SoloSpecialties   +1y

damn man i wish i could work a hammer&dolly that good. i still have a lot to learn. great work man.
hemipowered22z   +1y

Wow. great job guys. That truck is off to a good start.
Page 1 of 1