Page 1 of 1
Foreign Cars (honda, etc) \  96 civic lowing with cans

96 civic lowing with cans

Foreign Cars (honda, etc) General Discussions
views 619
replies 6
following 6

chrisc87   +1y
   im trying to get lower and im on cans and just wondering i heard to do spindles but i cant seem to find any. Anybody have any other advice would be great
LndRanger86   +1y

EVRYBODY I'VE SEEN , SECTIONS THEIR SPINDLES. THERE ARE DEFINATLEY WAYS TO GET LOWER THOUGH
k24 rd6   +1y
spindles and trailing arms found here http://www.westshorefabricators.com/Honda/index.htm
LndRanger86   +1y

FOR SAKE OF KNOWING. I CALLED THE NUMBER ON THE WEBSITE LISTED ABOVE. THE OWNER, ERIC SAYS THE SPINDLES LOWER THE CAR 1-1/2" TOTAL. THE FRONT SPINDLES ARE ROUGHLY 600 BUCKS AND ARE N/A AT THIS TIME. THEY ARE BEING REDESIGNED. THE TRAILING ARMS ARE 400. HOPE THAT HELPS
AON-4PumpedCL   +1y

I'm not a huge fan of sectioning the stock spindles since it throws off the suspension geometry, not to mentioned there are very few people I would trust to weld up a cast spindle.  The best way would by to NOT section the spindle, but rather move up the hub mounting point like Max from BioKustumz does on the Titan spindles.  All in all, I would suggest finding an alternative to cans (whether it be hydraulics or a real airbag) since you're really limited with the amount of drop you'll get from a can due to their overall diameter. Usually the spindle or the control arm will bottom out on the can when you get to a certain point.  Hydraulics will bolt in, or you could do a bag off the upper control arm with a little fabrication.  Best of luck... good news is lots of people have layed out civics so there is really no secret. 
k24 rd6   +1y

If you move the hub up but don't cut the top of the spindle, the a-arm will go through the hood.
fredstinting   +1y
Edited: 7/26/2009 2:45:30 PM by fredstinting

why not air cyclinder or coil over      96 civic to 00   front air strutscall me can ship anywhere in us  for get  hacking up your spindle and by the right parts and do it right the first time so it function right years later  heres a complets air cyclinder kit i did for 90 honda accord            
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
Page 1 of 1