Page 1 of 1
Foreign Cars (honda, etc) \  lowering an 01 accord

lowering an 01 accord

Foreign Cars (honda, etc) General Discussions
views 280
replies 7
following 4

jcjcsoccerkid   +1y
how do you lower an 01 accord without spending your live savings on coilovers? my friend wants to lower his
AON-4PumpedCL   +1y
Cut the factory coils and bumpstops.
jcjcsoccerkid   +1y
see i was thinking about cutting the coils. but my friend said someone told him his struts would bottom out and he'd have to buy new ones
tre5   +1y

We have cut coils on Hondas for roughly 15 years. If you cut them too much, yes you could blow the strut. However, if you know what you're doing and cut the right amount you won't have a problem. I don't remember how much to cut on a 01. On my 07 (that the girl friend drives) I believe I cut 2 on the front and 2.5 on the rear???
jcjcsoccerkid   +1y
i was thinking about cutting 1.5 coils off all around, unless i should do a little more on the back. how do you get the springs and struts out?
jcjcsoccerkid   +1y
Edited: 7/7/2009 12:42:32 PM by jcjcsoccerkid

oops double post
gsrb20b   +1y

you could do that, but it would be much more pleasing to you  if you buy my air ride so i dont have to put it on the wifes accord.
jcjcsoccerkid   +1y
the dude is a cheap skate, and a pussy when it comes to modifying the suspension. he thinks his car is badass cause he has aftermarket headlights/taillights and speakers. but anyway im trying to get him to lower it so he wont look like such a tool.
Page 1 of 1