Page 1 of 1
Foreign Cars (honda, etc) \  honda crx help wanted

honda crx help wanted

Foreign Cars (honda, etc) General Discussions
views 295
replies 3
following 3

achievment_farmer   +1y
i was wondering if you were to unbolt the cradle, disconnect the wiring, unbolt the struts from the body, then lift up the car if it all would just roll out from under the car? 
sadisticiron   +1y

yes and the rack. thats how we do toyota motors in a lot of the newer models
achievment_farmer   +1y

oh yeah forgot bout steering lol,  thanks alot man,  never done a honda but figured its about the same as a saturn (done many of those lol) since its basically a honda engine.  i appreciate it.
pmiller   +1y
Edited: 6/12/2009 8:06:39 PM by pmiller

Nope won't work that way. If u wanna drop it out like that, u'll have to seperate upper control arm from spindle or unbolt upper control arm from body. It will not roll easily after this is done. Top of wheels will flop around.  It's proably easier just pulling engine and tranny out together.  Disconnect exhaust from under firewall, disconnect tranny linkage from shifter, (It will also have to be jacked up high enough to pull it out with the shifter rod hooked to the tranny), Take axle nuts off, bust spindle off of lower control arm,  disconnect engine harness connector on strut tower, disconnect fuel lines from rail or filter, disconnect radiator and heater hoses, easier if you just take radiator out so it doesn't get dinged, If it still has an a/c compressor unbolt and move out of the way, disconnect vaccum hoses from map sensor and brake booster hose,  take loose positive cable from starter, take off ground probably one on valve cover and the other might be on the bell housing bolt, take shifter cable off from fork, unbolt, pull out of holder, unbolt throttle cable from manifold and take loose from throttle body,  take mount bolt out from front and rear( firewall and radiator)  hook up cherry picker Unbolt the one at tranny/frame and the timing cover/strut tower, Yank it out.   This just from my head  I may have missed a step or two.  Just make sure you have everything disconnected.  I've had quite a few of civcs/crx this body style and have done it a few times. 
Page 1 of 1