Page 1 of 1
Foreign Cars (honda, etc) \  need help wit civic hb clutch issues

need help wit civic hb clutch issues

Foreign Cars (honda, etc) General Discussions
views 345
replies 5
following 5

90b2200   +1y
i recently put a new clutch kit in my 90 civic hatch. i didnt get a chance to try it till today...... well i started the car up and put it in gear let out the clutch.... and got nothin. i didnt want to move. its like the clutch is not engadging. the cable moves and there is tenson on the clutch. i can even put the car in gear when the car is runnin with out useing the clutch and it wont engage.

any one have any idea what is wrong with my car?

Thanx N|ck
achievment_farmer   +1y

did you check to see if the cable is hooked up right for the shifter or make sure the cable isn't broke inside the plasting lining/housing cause isn't this a cable shifted tranny(not trying to say you're stupid or anything but sometimes the simplest reasons are why something isn't working lol i know a guy whose car quit running and he couldn't figure out why it stopped and all it needed was gas lol dumbass).  should grind gears if the car is running

90b2200   +1y

yup i checked the cable its all good. i think it might be the throw out bearing... any input? Thanx N|ck
achievment_farmer   +1y

yeah i was going to say that if it wasn't the cable.  they will push a car out of gear while driving down the road.  so i would check that next.  i don't want to steal your thread but do you have experience taking out honda engines and trans?  cause i'm was wondering how hard it is to remove an engine and trans out of an 89 crx?  would you just unbolt the cradle and out comes the entired thing? i know i would have to undo the wiring and struts.
eatinpavement   +1y

sounds like the throwout bearing might be backwards
pmiller   +1y

I don't think you can put the throwout bearing backwards.  It just snaps in the forks.  As fas as cable goes, it's a cable clutch not shifter.  Shifter is linkage rods, unless it's been swapped to a bigger newer engine and tranny.   When you installed the new clutch, did you use a line up tool when bolting it to the flywheel?  Most clutches will come with one.  If it didn't you'd have to get one or make one.  You can make on by finding a bolt that fits in the pilot bearing and then finding a piece of hose to slip over the bolt.  Hose has to be thick enough to fit in the splines of the clutch disk.  You may have also installed the clutch plate in the wrong direction.  Most will say engine side somewhere.   If that was done correctly next would be, how you installed the tranny back to the engine.  Did you line up the splines and mate the tranny to the engine block completely before installing any bell housing bolts?  Or did you tighten the bolts to mate the two together?  If you did you may have not had the input shaft splines into the the disk.  This can damage the input shaft, clutch, possibly the tranny.    
Page 1 of 1