Page 1 of 1
Tools \  millermatic 180 mig welder

millermatic 180 mig welder

Tools Q & A
views 721
replies 7
following 7

frcndctnJB   +1y
Is the millermatic 180 mig a good all around welder?  And will it be able to handle frame work?

scotto79   +1y

It is a good all around welder, my brother used one to do my frame.  Its a 2x3 with a 1/4" wall no problems.  But you do have to watch the ground lead, the clamp burned through and the grounding stud inside melted into the plastic housing. 
broke97   +1y

Ive had no problem with mine good lil welder.

Wicked Fantacies   +1y

The 175 was replaced by the 180.  I have the 175 and it has done 2x4x 1/4" With no problem of course I couldn't do a long pass But it is a nice all around welder without spending loads of money.
frcndctnJB   +1y

thanks for the input guys.
rrusd   +1y
I have the 175 also, and love it. Only downfall is the duty cycle on it. If you weld for a long time with it, with out letting it reast and cool down, the welds get wierd. But for most do-it-yerself stuff it is awesome. Just not for production.
LABOYZ   +1y

Don't mean to steal you forum but on the same note has anyone try the Miller 180 auto-set. I want to know if it helps or is it something else thats not going to work right within a year or so? http://www.millerwelds.com/products/mig/millermatic_180_autoset/
AON-4PumpedCL   +1y

I used the autoset feature on my Miller 180 and love it. 
Page 1 of 1