threads
Page 1 of 2
Foreign Cars (honda, etc) \  03 acura tl-s..some advice/opinions on air ride..

03 acura tl-s..some advice/opinions on air ride..

Foreign Cars (honda, etc) General Discussions
views 1339
replies 15
following 14

shawnswhip   +1y
so i bought an 03 acura tl type s..bout a year ago..bought it to bag it..havent done shit to it but drove it.. well i stacked sum cash (finally) and wanna know sum opinions on sum shit.. whats a good sytem to put in it.. i want fbss..and air struts.. dont wanna spend hella cash for a full kit.. coolcars.org got sum nice full kits..im think n the 98-02 accord kit is the same as an 03 acura tl... throw sum opinions at me.. and i def aint gonna juice it.. its sick as fuck when they juiced.. but im not gonna do it.. im not hate n.. just wanna bag it.. thats all.. thanks in advance.
IGotIssues   +1y

Do the opposite of what you want to do.  Juice will sit you much lower.  Check out Hydroholics.  They make a 1 pump 5 dump set up that will take up less room, wont need to wait on your air to fill up, and you will get again MUCH lower with minimal cutting.  And you will have to do quite a bit of cutting just to get a bag tin there, and wont be happy with where it sits.  Juice will also ride better.    
post photo
IGotIssues   +1y

Hydroholics.net
YUH8IN96   +1y

dont mean to jack the thread but do u what company makes those tire that are on that  TL????
YUH8IN96   +1y

O and how are you sellin your wheels for now???

AON-OFFDAHOOK   +1y
Your options are cans, air struts, or get with a fabricator that can really make real bag mounts.  I would go with the last option since cans: little lift, little drop (thanks to their size), horrible ride and require rebuilding quite often. Air struts:  I hear ride good, but the drop is questionable, they are expensive, and I've heard issues with the air sleeves detaching from the strut itself and rubbing.  Same with UAS bags, they'll rub on the spindle and then won't sit low since they need a strut in there and wherever that bottoms out - that's it. A good fabricator get get some bags in there off the control arm and make some nice mounts in the rear and will do the trick, but will require cutting.   If you've got $4500 burning a hole in your pocket you could do air runner which makes a real nice system...but I'm a hydraulic guy, so take my advice with a grain of salt. 
AON-4PumpedCL   +1y

I think your suspension is the same as 98-01 Accords.  I would do some research on how low Accords sit with airstruts to make sure you're happy with it.  Good choice on buying the TL, I loved my CL back in the day.

tre5   +1y

Another vote for Hydroholics!!!!
k24 rd6   +1y

I would not do air. Cans are horrible, easystreet shocks are too long, universal air doesn't fit, and air runner rapes you. You can do a regular shock and spring setup with some modifications and be just about as low when laid out, all the time.   
thedivineguy   +1y
ld definately juice it! And I know a guy that may have a hydroholics 1pump 5dump available!  My wife wants a bigger vehicle for kids so i may pull my juice off my CL. And it would all bolt in too! IM me if you're interested. Jeff