Page 1 of 1
Tools \  Sheetmetal brake I made

Sheetmetal brake I made

Tools Q & A
views 790
replies 9
following 6

unusualfabrication   +1y
Well I built this awhile ago but since I am injured and at home I figured a would post up a few pics of it.  It will bend a 52" long piece of 18 gauge no problem and i've even done some large pieces of 16 gauge but haven't tried a 52" long piece, yet.  As soon as I need something that thick and long I will deffinitely try it.  I have around $150 into steel for it plus my machining and welding time but it will do everything I need it to right now and it cost nowhere near what a purchased unit cost.  Anyways, heres some pics.

Heres the stand:

Heres the brake minus the clamp eccentrics:

Heres the brake finshed with the clamp eccentrics on it:
bodydropped85   +1y

that is sick. are you gona add a weight to the clamping lever?
unusualfabrication   +1y

The clamping lever won't need a weight.  Once you rotate the lever up its locked until you unlock it by rotating it back down.  Its in the released position in the picture, when you rotate it up it locks the clamping bar and the piece your bending in position.  Theres one on each side but you can't see it in the picture.
Marcos_65   +1y
looks sick man...
Numbskull   +1y
looks good. did you design it yourself? if so post the drawings id like to make one just like it.
bodydropped85   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by UnusualFabricationThe clamping lever won't need a weight.  Once you rotate the lever up its locked until you unlock it by rotating it back down.  Its in the released position in the picture, when you rotate it up it locks the clamping bar and the piece your bending in position.  Theres one on each side but you can't see it in the picture.---------------------------------------------i meant the bending lever lol.
nryota   +1y

yesssss sir, that thing is badass!! been lookin around for a while on drawings and crap. most of them still cost an arm and leg to build. you got some drawings and parts list you would like to share....hmmmm.....? 
unusualfabrication   +1y
I guess you could add a big weight like the store bought one but those attached at the end of the bending bar. This one is just designed to use the "U" shaped bar that under the bending bar and you just pull up on it.
unusualfabrication   +1y
I want to say that I am not really interested in building one of these for anyone. I've gotten a few requests for them. If you want the plans I can get them to you if you if you e-mail me for them. I should warn that there is a lot of machining and welding to make this brake!
nryota   +1y

yeah the welding isnt a big deal, i do it all day. the machining thou, can get it done but its not for me. ill hit you up for the plans.  
Page 1 of 1