Page 1 of 1
Foreign Cars (honda, etc) \  Question about fuel cell on EFI cars

Question about fuel cell on EFI cars

Foreign Cars (honda, etc) General Discussions
views 347
replies 2
following 3

ONAIR39090   +1y
I am in the process of  bagging a 2000 galant and have a question.  I have already stripped the rear and cut the trunk floor out and starting on the custom straight axle and bridge with slam 6's and link kit.  My qustion is the fuel tank I pulled out is plastic and all odd shaped.  I will need to have a new one built ,  but don't know how to handle all of the fuel injection stuff.  The new tank will have to accomadate the fuel filter and pump and sensor as a unit and several other vent hoses and one other sensor.  Any one out there that could give some advice on this and where to get one made would be appreciated.  Thanks
jdm customs   +1y
Edited: 3/22/2009 10:09:13 PM by tuckntiremaz

Any welding shop should be able to shear/brake and weld one up. All you gotta do is make the sending unit bolt to the top of it and be sure it is the same depth as the factory gas tank and the gauge will work correctly. You will also need to have them weld on any other vent pipes you need that arent part of the sending unit. I know devious can make you one but it wont be cheap.
loudciv   +1y

yes pretty much what jim said. as far as holding the pump in the tank, here is an example of the most common way. usuall there is a flange off the pump that you can make a hold down ring to secure it.  
post photo
Page 1 of 1