Page 1 of 1
Wheel Questions \  will a 5x115 wheel fit on a 5x114.3

will a 5x115 wheel fit on a 5x114.3

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 21716
replies 6
following 6

e10pvmt   +1y
i found a set of rims on ebay and they guy has them listed as a 5x114.3 but when i asked him he said that U2 makes the 5x115 to fit both patterns.....i want the wheels but i am unsure if they will fit...even though he claims they will.....waiting to hear back from him on return shipping should they not fit....dont wanna be out almost $200 for shipping if they end up not fitting after i was told they would
project_77   +1y
common misconception is that a 5 x 115 will work on 5 x 114.3 and vice versa.  They will go on yes.  but will never be flush against the hub.  They will work them self off.  Meaning you will have to keep retorquing them.  On top of the safety issue, they will never ride 100% smooth on the vehicle.  Save yourself the headache and get the proper bolt pattern.    Unless you have a good shop in florida that will change the bolt pattern for you that is the other option.
e10pvmt   +1y

ok sounds good...but if i was to get them drilled (since you deal in U2 wheels) will there be enough room to fit a lug nut or will the nut be to close to the wall....my logic is if it fits barely without drillin it then i should be fine if i have it drilled......anything i should be concerned with if i go this route.....also what can you do on a set of U2 55's in 22x9.5 in the 13 offset....and do they have a 22x9.5 in the 20 offset in that bolt pattern

Psycopath   +1y

ive been trying to find the answer to this aswell. ive found some people that say if you run a hub centric ring, so the hub is nice and tight. the wheel will stay tight and not vibrate. anyone have experience with this????
TheRimShop   +1y
Edited: 8/17/2009 12:38:08 PM by TheRimShop

it will "fit" and a hub ring will  help... but as stated earlier.... i will not be 100% smooth... Best bet is to insert the wheel to right bolt pattern or find something else....
xgolferdude   +1y

Ya know what crazy is I asked the same question to MHT wheels and they said oh yea no prob!!!  I didnt think it would either!  just surprised the hell out me that they would say sure!
mjavy7   +1y
The difference is 0.7mm which is like 1/32dth of an inch... This will cause the wheel to untorque themselves?
Page 1 of 1