threads
Page 1 of 1
Foreign Cars (honda, etc) \  k24 swap questions.

k24 swap questions.

Foreign Cars (honda, etc) General Discussions
views 680
replies 7
following 4

crzyone1013   +1y
hey guys. I have a couple questions. I am considering a k24 swap in my yota but I don't know if its fesible. Will an s2000 trans bolt up to the k24 so I can make it rwd? I guess that is my only question for now. and do you all know where I can get a good used s2000 trans for a reasonable price if it will work? I am getting a full swap minnus trans that a guy wass planning to put in his eg but isn't going to so I may make use of it since it only has 5 k on it. any feedback?
kaoss   +1y
Look into a nissan KA24. You can pick them up super cheap, and can be built to handle 1000 hp. www.ka-t.org
crzyone1013   +1y

Ill pass on a ka. I had one in a 240 I had a while back and didn't like it. If I were to go nissan Id probably do an sr20 or rb20. But if I were to go into the high hp engine range then Id just throw in a 2jz and stay with the toyota name. the k24 just seems different and has reasonable hp and with a little boost 250 would be easily reached and reliable for cheap. I am more a toyota and honda guy. I would do a 1uzfe out of an ls400 or sc400 if I could get ahold of one that doesn't have 500k on it.

kaoss   +1y
Awesome, more KA's for us in know.       I have heard that the mazda with the s2000 motor in it spent 1500 on a drive shaft, I don't know why. There is also I guy on here that has a bodied ranger on 22's with that motor in it.
post photo
crzyone1013   +1y

1500 on a driveshaft is crazy. I can get one made for just a couple hundred from the guy I know who owns a race fab shop in clarksville. He is one of my instructors at nadc. BUt back to my intial question, can I mate the k24 to an s200 trans or other rwd trans that is manual? Id reuse my trans I have now but its geared for torque and low speeds (its a truck) but the s2000 trans is obvious and its a 6 speed which would be cool. I wish I could afford a bmw swap or an ls1 swap with a t56 trans.

pmiller   +1y
Edited: 3/7/2009 8:09:46 PM by pmiller

I'm not sure that tranny won't bolt up to that engine.  You could make it work but it probably would involve too much out the pocket.  It's not impossible.  You could make an adapter plate to bolt the engine to the tranny.  The trick would be finding a clutch that would fit the k24 flywheel and still spline on the s2000 tranny.  It may work.  I don't think there is any one out there that has tried this yet.  Would be a cool thing though.  What about just doing the whole s2000 swap?  If you're worried about spending too much money then stick with the toyota engines.  Or small blocks.  7mgte is a pretty cheap motor.  You can get one for about 650.  It will even bolt to your current tranny.  You'd have to use the supra flywheel and clutch assy.  
crzyone1013   +1y

I would do the 7m swap but I don't have the acess to enough to do a complete swap. I had a turbo mk3 I considered hacking up to put in my yota but it was too good of a car and only had 112k original miles on the chassis and 45k on the jdm swap I put in it before I sold it. the 7m is a pretty common swap from what I found and has respectible power with some mods but I already know they can be fast since I had one in my heavy supra and it flew but a 1jz or 2jz seems more appealing but also more expensive too.

pmiller   +1y

man, you've got 2 threads going on this subject.  Threw me off.

Page 1 of 1