threads
Page 1 of 1
Foreign Cars (honda, etc) \  1990-93 honda accord question.

1990-93 honda accord question.

Foreign Cars (honda, etc) General Discussions
views 291
replies 8
following 5

unhallowed1   +1y
what all would i have to do to lay out a 92 accord 4dr? what kinda things would i have to cut and whatnot? any help would be really appreciated.
LndRanger86   +1y

the front is easy. i cut out the top of the inner fender wells, so the control arm can come hrough and bolted cylinders on it.i didn't use those bulky top mounts, i instead used flat bag mounts and drilled them to bolt on the cylinder. then i put studs through them to match the factory holes on the car . It layed exhuast and x-member, on a 205-40-17. The Back i just made new mounts and bolted them up. it didn't lay but did sit on the inner wells. a little trimming and you should have it.hope this helps a little

AON-OFFDAHOOK   +1y
Edited: 3/4/2009 2:00:00 PM by AON-OFFDAHOOK

Edited: 3/4/2009 1:59:39 PM by AON-OFFDAHOOK---------------------------------------------Originally posted by LndRanger86the front is easy. i cut out the top of the inner fender wells, so the control arm can come hrough and bolted cylinders on it.i didn't use those bulky top mounts, i instead used flat bag mounts and drilled them to bolt on the cylinder. then i put studs through them to match the factory holes on the car . It layed exhuast and x-member, on a 205-40-17. The Back i just made new mounts and bolted them up. it didn't lay but did sit on the inner wells. a little trimming and you should have it.hope this helps a little ---------------------------------------------I would not do that with the flat bag mounts because the way the suspension cycles, the cylinder needs to pivot ever so slightly.  It will put stress on the cylinder itself and compromise the life of it.  As far as the initial question, it depends on what size wheels you are running and how low you want to go. 
unhallowed1   +1y
i mainly want the suspension adjustable. not really concerned with exactly how low it is, but i do want it low. rims will probably be 17s at best. anyone got any pics of their installs?

AON-OFFDAHOOK   +1y

If you cut out the control arm holes, with 17's the car will sit almost on the ground with Hydroholic's hydraulic kit.  It will lift 8" up front, 10" in the rear and will ride like a cadillac.  There is no welding or compromise to the car itself.  Install is a breeze too. 

unhallowed1   +1y
how much would a setup like that cost?

AON-OFFDAHOOK   +1y

PM sent

Collapsed Accord   +1y

yea you should go with a Hydroholic's  set up for sure ..the car will sit alot lower with a juice set up ..and will lift alot higher ....i have had both on my accord air and juice and id never go back to air ride

DRGN4DR   +1y
Hydroholics
post photo
Page 1 of 1