Page 1 of 1
Tools \  welder quit... anyone know em?

welder quit... anyone know em?

Tools Q & A
views 426
replies 6
following 6

low mazda   +1y
OK, so today I welding in my new frame rails, my wife pulls up after being gone to town, so I stopped to say hey, and when I went back to welding, it wouldn't feed. Anyone have this problem befor and know a fix.

It's a Lincoln Weldpak 100 with MIG attachment, if that matters. The same thing happened within 6 months of buying it 4 years ago, but I took it back to Home Depot and they replaced it. I am sure they wouldn't do that being I've had it for so long.
maz duh   +1y

Trigger shot in the gun maybe?

TwistedMinis   +1y
The trigger is a common fail item on the cheaper welds. You can usually pick one up for $10 at your LWS. That would be the first thing I would check, as it is the cheapest. If not, it could be the plug, or the circuit board has a bad connection or fried itself.
low mazda   +1y

Well, I can stil hear the welder itself running, but it gets no juice when I pull the trigger. Hopefully that's all that's wrong with her.

i8nt2lo   +1y
That sucks
1lows10   +1y
as stooooooopid at is may seem,,but i have seen people accedently somehow turn down tha wire speed,, and freak out lol ,,,circut breaker,trigger.. can you "jog" the wire manually?? if so good indicater the trigger.   maybe check the tension on the rollers,if it was good then nothing perhaps you had the whip in a bind and too much for a small amount of tension on the rollers to actually push the wire through,in that case tighten it up.. or maybe you have a kink in the lining which will also creat a bind on the rollers
tuckinlugs06   +1y

mine would do that but it when it would get hot from alot of welding like a protection thing and after it would cool of it worked fine

Page 1 of 1