Page 1 of 1
Truck Performance \  motorcycle carbs on cars/trucks

motorcycle carbs on cars/trucks

Truck Performance General Discussions
views 3178
replies 6
following 4

pmiller   +1y
Has anyone tinkered with putting motorcycle carbs on a truck or car? I'd like to put side drafts on my 22r but they're really expensive. I've seen people adapt motorcycle carbs to hondas but keep fuel injection for individual throttle bodies. I'm just wondering if anyone has tried this. I have a lil' honda that I'm probably going to try this on. It's only a 1.6 so i shouldn't have too much trouble. I just need to figure out if I need to change the distributor to a mechanical one. I'd like to keep what's on there and ecu but run a carb instead of the pgmfi. If this works i'd like to do it to my toy also. I don't know if the carbs would be too small or not. 39mm is what I'm looking at.

Anyone got some info?
pmiller   +1y
No one else thought about this?
pmiller   +1y

post photo
post photo
post photo
jdm customs   +1y
I know RUSS-D put some on one of his mazda motors.
pmiller   +1y
How big was the mazda engine? Truck engine? I'm probably going to try to do this to my ef honda. I've been trying to do some research on whether I need to change my distributor to a vacuum advance one or if I could keep the electronic one but do some tinkering with the tps switches on the R1 carbs.

I have a 22r that's carb'd. I'd really like some sidedrafts to stick on it. They're just too rich for my blood. I'm trying to do everything cheap as possible. With the toy I'm leaning more towards a t3/t4 turbo and a 4 barrel. Just a simple draw thru setup. No cooler.
DRGDDLY   +1y

i think obx makes itbs for hondas i looked at doing it to my prelude but decided against  it and went turbo theres a ton of parts for 1.6 motors out there get on honda-tech and look around  
gravity5   +1y
Do a search on honda and ITB there are a few companies that make kits and on Honda tech and SOHC.org there are some homebuilt setups as well.  
Page 1 of 1