Tools \  Kn Kut drill bits

Kn Kut drill bits

Tools Q & A
views 794
replies 4
following 3

kaoss   +1y
Edited: 10/22/2008 7:00:31 PM by KAOSS

I need some good drill bits for around $100.

This is the set that I am looking at:

http://www.knkut.com/shop/index.php?crn=208&rn=535&action=show_detail

15pc Fractional Jobber Length Drill Bit Set - 1/16" thru 1/2" by 32nds

Is there something out there that is better, or will these take care of most of my mini truck endeavors?
Forever Draggin   +1y
i dont know if there is a set in this world worth 100.00, i cant ever use a drill bit without burnin them up. i would def invest in a few step bits though
stumbledin   +1y
The key to drill bits is to never use them on an air drill unless its variable speed and dont go too fast. If your drilling with a drill press, use the slowest speed and you will never burn them up. Also use a 5 to 10 second rule on when to add cutting or some other oil.

Next is the quality of drill bits. They use all kinds of catch words, titanium, carbide blah blah blah. this is the one thing you need to know about drill bits

HIGH SPEED STEEL, dont get high speed drill bits, high steel, HIGH SPEED STEEL is the best all around bits you can get.

I can make a bit last forever and I have never ever owned a bit sharpener.

so to sum it all up, just buy high speed steel and you wont go wrong
kaoss   +1y
I am just tired of the ones from harbor frieght, and I do not know if the ones from lowes or sears are better.
stumbledin   +1y
its not where you buy them its what they are made of. High speed steel is the best for all around cutting.
Page 1 of 1