threads
Page 1 of 2
Toy Model Cars \  OUR model build off....

OUR model build off....

Toy Model Cars General Discussions
views 2227
replies 12
following 11

DougyFrisch   +1y
Edited: 10/21/2008 12:06:36 AM by DougyFrisch

So my boy and I were out in the garage workin on the truck and started to clear out some old tubs full of parts and came across a few model kits that i've had since i was about 13 years old. Needless to say we cut our work short on the real truck and ran inside to start on our new lil passions.

He ended up snaggin my already finished Dodge Ram truck, it was complete and built to the box specs, it was blue and everything. So he took it, ripped its guts out , and went to town on it. It looks much better now in it's new look.

Now mine was a brand new '32 Ford 3 Window kit that i've never opened, so i had the joys of workin with raw material. I ended up doing some heaving modifying myself also, everything from a chop top, extended frame, to some pinstripin on the back...

Now i've got some progress pics and stuff of us building em, but i'm just going to skip to the good shit and let you guys check em out completed, hope you guys like our 3 days of hard labor. sometimes its frustrating doing models, not because it's difficult, but because i wish i could finish my truck as fast as we finished these, lmao....

Jance Customs   +1y
Nice work! You did a good job pinstriping on the back of the 32! I have that same Dodge but I never completed it. I detailed the engine and put it on a shelf

Models are fun but very time consuming. I'm not good with the small models like these. Good job
DougyFrisch   +1y
all these views and only one post? come one now....
BUMP!!!
TwistedKreation   +1y
Good job I like the theme your son went with ram. Oh and nice weathering effects on the '32.
impulse   +1y
Excellent work!!!!!
Wicked Fantacies   +1y
Nice patina on the roadster
KEEF   +1y
SIC SHIT!!!!!!!!!
waynehammer   +1y
LOOKS LIKE YOU GOT A LITTLE TOO CARRIED AWAY WITH THE RUST ON THE TIRES... BUT THEY LOOK COOL
DougyFrisch   +1y
--------------------------------------------- Originally posted by waynehammer LOOKS LIKE YOU GOT A LITTLE TOO CARRIED AWAY WITH THE RUST ON THE TIRES... BUT THEY LOOK COOL --------------------------------------------- i agree, but i was hoping for the 'dirt' look on the tires... fail...  i'll just sand on em a lil and make em look a little more worn out 
98dakota20   +1y

i made the dodge before. It was my first "bagged" model. it turned out like shit, but was still fun.