threads
Page 1 of 1
Wheel Questions \  First Gen S10 backspacing for 22's up front.

First Gen S10 backspacing for 22's up front.

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 4107
replies 8
following 4

syzmtrz   +1y
Anyone have an idea.
4uh8rs   +1y
i had 22x9.5 on mine and it was 6.01 inches of backspacing..check my pics in my profile
mreed   +1y
I have 22x8.5 on mine with a +38mm offset. I believe that equals close to 5.75" (5.7460629).

Unless I figured it wrong...here is what I used.

38mm offset/25.4 = 1.4960629in

Center of 8.5in rim = 4.25in

4.25+1.4960629=5.7460629 (5.75)

But...I'm using 98/up Blazer spindles for the bigger brakes. I don't know if they make the track width wider than a 1st gen spindle. But I do know I can turn lock to lock without hitting my shocks & that's all I was worried about. Looks close but it clears with plenty of room.

Also, with the same size on the rear I didn't need to trim any of the fender lip or narrow the axle.

post photo
post photo
syzmtrz   +1y
Originally posted by mreed

I have 22x8.5 on mine with a +38mm offset. I believe that equals close to 5.75" (5.7460629).

Unless I figured it wrong...here is what I used.

38mm offset/25.4 = 1.4960629in

Center of 8.5in rim = 4.25in

4.25+1.4960629=5.7460629 (5.75)

But...I'm using 98/up Blazer spindles for the bigger brakes. I don't know if they make the track width wider than a 1st gen spindle. But I do know I can turn lock to lock without hitting my shocks & that's all I was worried about. Looks close but it clears with plenty of room.

Also, with the same size on the rear I didn't need to trim any of the fender lip or narrow the axle.

Thanks bro......GREATLY appreciated. I went over the top for the rear. 22x10 with a 4" backspacing. I narrowed the rear a total of 19.5" MONSTER Lip on a boyd slayer. A couple of pics are up on my profile of the progress. My boy Anthony @ Subculture Fabrication is making it happen.
post photo
post photo
mreed   +1y
Yeah...I saw the thread on here. Lookin good. How long till there's a body on it?
syzmtrz   +1y
I just brought the body over there to start mock up. What size tire did you run up front?
mreed   +1y
I had 265/35's on my first 22's (22x9 I think) with 2.25" upper bag cups & it laid hard but the tires were too tall to clear the hood and I'm pretty sure they would've been up in to the glass in the rear.

I don't know if they would have cleared a sheet metal (stock) hood but I doubt it. Now I have 255/30's and swapped out the upper bag cups with 3" cups so I'd have the same amount of lift at the same pressure. They still hit the hood. Don't know what I'm going to do about that but the whole front end is glass so I can cut it up quite a bit & get it all back together with little work. It's pretty dramatic on mine because it jacks the whole body line when the tires hit.

post photo
post photo
post photo
syzmtrz   +1y

post photo
ChanceE   +1y
I saw a pic of a custom frame and was wondering if it was narrowed any or if it is stock width on the back side.
post photo
Page 1 of 1