Page 1 of 2
Tools \  Chop saw blade

Chop saw blade

Tools Q & A
views 1512
replies 12
following 12

2low87   +1y
Has anyone replaced their abrasive cut-off blade with metal blade? I want to install one on my chop saw to cut tubing faster and more accurately. Also, what kind of blade should I buy and where is the best place to get one?
stumbledin   +1y

cuts like a knife thru butter. just watch out for the little chips coming off. they are hot as hell.
stumbledin   +1y
oh and im cutting DOM and cold rolled and some hot rolled as well. expensive but worth it.
2low87   +1y
Are you using this on a regular chop saw? Like a DeWalt?
mr donut   +1y
i have one of those blades on a heavy duty skill saw, the 8 inch version. i was cutting 3/16 sheets like it was nothing. throws alot of metal shavings,so wear long sleeves eye protection and pants. i made the mistake and wore my shorts once. tore my legs up.
FreelandKustomz   +1y
I have the evolution 14" chop saw with the evolution blade. i bought it over 3 months ago. STILL have no replaced the blade. they are about 90 something bucks a blade. Well worth it
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
do you have the evolution raptor or the evolution rage saw?

just curious, im considering switching from my trusty bandsaw to a evolution rage saw, with the metal blade, and i want to know how it holds up.

Taylor
FreelandKustomz   +1y
MAn this saw is the SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT the blade doesnt walk at all so you get no gaps when your doing angles. Fits flush. i can tig weld them with zero problems. there is zero clean up after the cut. No sparks just metal drill bit shavings. you want the Evolution Steel raptor series.

http://www.evolutionpowertools.co.uk/us/evolution_raptor.html

watch the videos on there, pretty impressive.

ixenn   +1y
are you running these blades at slow RPM? coolant??
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Originally posted by ixenn

are you running these blades at slow RPM? coolant??

These are not ran at a slow speed, with coolant.

I wanted to get a cold saw, which has those features, but, the price on them are rediculous lol, so this is my next best option.

Ive see the video of the evolution raptor, and thats the one im gonna end up getting probably. What did you pay for yours? whats the best deal out thare?

Taylor