Page 1 of 1
Off-topic \  Are hand signals legal?

Are hand signals legal?

Off-topic General Discussions
views 1837
replies 5
following 4

MDcrew208   +1y
So my turn signals are screwed up on my daily driver and i haven't had time to fix. I just got pulled over (in my driveway) for not using my turn signal. I was expecting a "fix-it" type ticket but he came up with a regular ticket that says Fail to signal with safety.... so i asked him about it and he said that he didn't see my arm -and i showed him that they are inoperative and told him again i used my arm. Anyways-- it says to call court to find out the fine amount but i looked online and it says it is 3 points on my driving record--seems like alot! Anyone have advice?
jsutton   +1y
I would definitely go to court over it. The judge may throw it out. I would not just pay the fine. If it comes down to it you may still have to pay the fine but at least you tried. Hand signal are legal. When you get your drivers license here they make you do the hand signals as soon as you get in the car to make sure you know them before you even start the driving portion of the test.

Good luck.
CHOSN1   +1y
Yep, hand signals at least here in Texas are legal. I would definitely go to court and tell judge you cant afford to fix taillights right now due to gas.
MDcrew208   +1y
yeah im going to fight it- i only have 3 points on my record now from a ticket a couple years ago and my insurance told me once that ticket is dropped i'll save like 30-40 a month. Anybody know if all cop cars have video now? I thought that it used to have a box on the ticket that the cop would check saying video/audio in use, but this ticket didn't say--i am golden if they do have video
livnthelowlife   +1y
anyone got a pic of them? ive never learned the damn things and im always going threw the same thing(tickets)
MDcrew208   +1y
u just point left basically if you are going left-- ie extend arm out, put your arm straight up if you are going right-- and i think if your brake lights are out you can put your arm straight down to show that you are slowing down
Page 1 of 1