Page 1 of 1
Wheel Questions \  billet wheels

billet wheels

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 1313
replies 8
following 7

duallytkn22s   +1y
Is there any way to change the off set on some billet wheels if so were can i get this done
duallytkn22s   +1y
bump
dssur   +1y
you can usually send them and have them cut apart and rewelded. I believe BAD (billetaccessoriesdirect.com) and Boyd Wheels both do it.

Its expensive, in part because I believe you also need new hoops, but dont quote me. On the new hoop part, its not going to be cheap no matter what you do.
budnikguy   +1y
Almost all billet wheel manufacturers will remove the centers and reposition it to change your back spacing with new hoops.. for a price! I would contact the maufacturer of the wheels you have and ask them what they would charge. Keep in mind too, if the manufacturer does this for you, your warranty is still intact...using a third party to do this would void any warranty that you may have on your wheels! As an example Budnik charges the following to rehoop and change backspacing:
17"- 150.00 per wheel
18"- 200.00 per wheel
19"-20"- 250.00 per wheel
NeverTooLow   +1y
Does anybody know the specifics on getting Boyd Coddington wheel backspacing changed?  I've been trying to use the billetwheel.com contact email, but I haven't had any responses.
budnikguy   +1y
 Contact Boyd Coddington/ American Racing wheels directly.  811 E. Lambert Rd. La Habra, CA 90631 562-691-8215 CustomerService@BoydCoddington.com  http://www.boydcoddington.com/
PIMPTACO   +1y

Can the backspacing be changed and keep the original hoop? Does the hoop get destroyed cutting the wheel face out?

lowrthnu92   +1y
the back spacing can be changed no problem, they just cut the weld ...cant remember what mag it was, truckin or street trucks one them had a set of billets backspacing increased, they moved the face forward but where the face use to be was scared up
Page 1 of 1