Page 1 of 2
Tools \  anybody have a jet bandsaw?

anybody have a jet bandsaw?

Tools Q & A
views 1719
replies 11
following 5

Master Fabber   +1y
Ive got the one that is item #145733 on that site and I love it. Nice repeatable cuts horizontally and cuts tabs and brackets really good in vertical mode. Later.
slammedxonair   +1y
well ive been looking around the net and it almost seems like 1 company manufactures bandsaws under like 6 different retail names. alot of them have the exact same specs and features. so with that said anybody have any opinions on any horizontal bandsaws?
TwistedMinis   +1y
^ You are correct. The Grizzly, Chicago, and Northern tools ones are the same, as well as a few others. The JET saw, my friend has one, and it looks different than the others. My grandfather has a Grizzly, I have a Chicago, and the JET is definitely nicer. The others leave a lot to be desired and I am looking for a used industrial one now.
///RA TROY   +1y
if your using it on a regular basis i would go with something bigger...I have a wells and i love it....like seth was saying go with used industrial!
slammedxonair   +1y
yea see i dont know how much im going to use it is the thing. im gettin tired of the chop saw cutting crooked in 2x3 miter cuts. and i want something that will handle 5 inch tube. i dont know if i should go with one of the small guys for like 300 or maybe this one because i would not have to pay shipping on it if i pick it up locally http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay_10551_10001_44133_-1______?rFlag=true&cFlag=1 does anybody have experiance with this clarke one? ive also seen them for sale on summits site and eastwood i think. thanks
TwistedMinis   +1y
Get the nicest on you can. You'll be upset later on when you realize how useful it is and wish you got a better one.
slammedxonair   +1y
yea thats why im kinda thinking about that clarke one because liek we said before they all look alike and seem to be similar. and thats why im kinda of thinking the one with the hydraulic lift and coolent would be a better idea. theres an insustrial surplus place like an hour from me but there prices seem way high so i dont know. just kind of curious what opinions other people have on other band saws
///RA TROY   +1y
i had a small jet and it worked for a while then i got my wells and relized how bad the small one sucked. I have a med sized one for sale right now if your interested its liquid cooled and comes with a few extra blades
slammedxonair   +1y
email me some pics to brian@illusivefabrications.com with a price. how far are you from indy? i have to go down there in a week or 2. thanks