holley carb stuck open.questions. pl-help

Truck Performance General Discussions
views 1322
replies 6
following 4

sittin_so_low   +1y
Edited: 4/29/2008 8:26:08 PM by madmax95

Edited: 4/29/2008 8:14:51 PM by madmax95

ok, i got a sonoma that has a holley carb, its a 350 sbc. i noticed that the butterfly/ carb is stuck open. will this cause my truck to bog out? i guess it should open when i start it and as it warms up, open all the way? maybe the linkage needs cleaning that goes from the throttle to the choke? any one? thanks.
- i can move the choke shut or open, but when its shut, it doent want to open on its own.
- after i start it, she idles great, i went to get gas one time and she bogged out on me. lets say i didnt let it warm up enough and i drove it, could that be it?
Pa Pa Dragger   +1y
is it a mechanical or electric choke?
sittin_so_low   +1y
mechanical...
sittin_so_low   +1y
just got it about 3 months ago, its a beast... 400 hp it bogged out on me one time, i noticed the choke piece is stuck open, i will get it fixed soon, but for now ( a goodmonth) id like to drive it.
i looked all over google... mainly would that make it bog down, maybe if i dont let it warm up and drive it, that can make ut bog out?
maz2low   +1y
Has this truck been sitting for awile ? Sometimes from sitting it will stick and continue to flood itself . If this is the case the float bowls stuck you can sometimes knock it free with a plastic hammer and a tap while cranking it . If this doesnt get it could just be gunked up to much
sittin_so_low   +1y
Edited: 4/29/2008 8:13:37 PM by madmax95

yea, its been sitting..kind off. i can move the linkage thing freely to the open position,( when u hit the gas, the throttle linkage piece should move the choke linkage piece-dose that make sense?- maybe i need to clean it?) cause if i close the choke, it really doesnt want to open on its own.... and i dont want to f it up somehow.... thanks.
maz2low   +1y
Hard to understand what you are trying to say . Tough to put what you mean into words on computer . But when you try to crank up your truck you can get it running and have it stay running but only if you hold gas almost fully open ? or you cannot keep it running ? Send me a IM since I dont have many posts left this month
Page 1 of 1