Page 1 of 1
Car Care \  Truck Cover

Truck Cover

Car Care Q & A
views 1327
replies 9
following 8

msturg   +1y
My truck has been outside since June and probably will be sitting outside the rest of this year again. Does anyone have a recommendation for a brand or something to look for in a car cover?

I plan on redoing the garage in the fall but right now, the truck is safer outside than in the garage.
Slappy Mc Nasty   +1y
ive noticed with covers, when you get it right out of the box, its 100% "pure" and dust/dirt free so if its put on a freshly washed/waxed truck its almost a perfect cover-up. now, unless you do this every single time you cover it, there will be dust/dirt/debree either rolled up into the cover or on your truck. now add wind and thats a mild form of sandpaper blowing on your truck.eventually you will have clearcoat that has "hazed" over on it somewhere......
jus my observations over the years man
steelnutz91toy   +1y
hey slappy but you dont have that trouble with primer right??lol
aaronhebert88   +1y
i loved my california car cover it fit just perfect!
SSM-Webmaster   +1y
Originally posted by aaronhebert88

i loved my california car cover it fit just perfect!

Agreed. I use mind for indoor garage storage, and that thing fits like a glove. I got mine when you could have anything emroidered on them, made it even cooler.

cookiemonster13   +1y
wolf makes a noah cover which is 7 layers. it is a very nice cover for outside. not cheap but very nice.
Slappy Mc Nasty   +1y
Originally posted by steelnutz91toy

hey slappy but you dont have that trouble with primer right??lolhells no man, jus dont trust your ride to ANY valet, they jus suck man. i'll have another paintjob by havok in fresno, if not b4

msturg   +1y
Thanks guys, I'll have to check them out. I know what you're saying slappy but I think it might be better than the bird crap that is currently staining the clear.
xcellu8   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by msturgMy truck has been outside since June and probably will be sitting outside the rest of this year again. Does anyone have a recommendation for a brand or something to look for in a car cover? I plan on redoing the garage in the fall but right now, the truck is safer outside than in the garage.Acro Southern OH---------------------------------------------

There are many types of breathable fabrics available. The big difference in price between the cheap covers (and tarps) and the good covers is due to the breathable fabrics. Never ever cover a car with a non-breathable cover. Condensation build-up under the cover can do lots of damage.

I have the max cover from empire its a 3 layer cover made from Tyvek developed by DuPont.

http://empirecovers-review.blogspot.com/

post photo
msturg   +1y
thanks for the reply man.  this is a pretty old thread, the truck just ended up sitting outside and has since been sold.
Page 1 of 1