Page 1 of 1
Tools \  powdercoating kit

powdercoating kit

Tools Q & A
views 468
replies 5
following 4

slammedxonair   +1y
does anybody know of any reliable powercoating kits, whats you opinions on the eastwood kits? has anybody ever heard of chicago electric? thanks in advance guys some of this stuff looks kinda cheep but i have also read some reviews on the eastwood stuff and people are running businesses with it. so any opinions? thanks
94NissanLaysDoor   +1y
I have the eastwood kit....GREAT kit!!!
I love it and plan on buying the better Hotcoat kit soon
Pacificustoms   +1y
I've used the eastwood kit for years, ever since it first came out. We've powdercoated all kinds of stuff, suspension, wheels, brackets, artwork, pretty much everything you can think of. I've never had a problem with it and I've had it atleast 6+ years. They also have a great selection of colors and always have them in stock. I would highly recommend theirs!
slammedxonair   +1y
im lookin at eastwoods forums for a couple days and im seeing alot of people running business with there stuff. and alot of quality and perfesionalizm as well. a nice thing is there is a drag track like 20 min from my house so i could spread the word quick there. so you guys are running the basic guns then i should say? i think im gona start out with that and then go bigger.

i figured it would be a good idea so that way i could also offer my other metal products coated. fun part is going to be able to get an oven big enough to do 4 links and wishbones..... but that will come with time. thanks alot i just wanted to check with some people that used the stuff before and i know mini truckers are pretty picky when it comes to quality. thanks again i think im gona go ahead and make the investment
Pacificustoms   +1y
I'm using their standard gun. I had looked at the professional one, but theres nothing thats ever broken or gone wrong with my standard one. If you pick up a standard house oven at a garage sale or something you can do most things, I've fit 16 inch dually wheels in it and all the pieces from a KP Kit for an S10 fit fine. You could try to pick up a pizza oven that would be bigger if there's any pizza places going out of business...
slammedxonair   +1y
ok cool, and thanks for the info. also how hard is it to start getting quality parts to coming out? i do have some minor painting experiance. i have also been reading up on the eastwood forums as well, alot of those guys seem to be producing alot of quality from what i can tell in the pics. thanks again
Page 1 of 1