Page 1 of 1
Truck Performance \  Vortec TBI intake manifold WITH EGR

Vortec TBI intake manifold WITH EGR

Truck Performance General Discussions
views 991
replies 0
following 1

tealchevy   +1y
Ok. This might get confusing because I am confused right now.

I just bought a 383 stroker with pistons that will get me around 9.35/1 compression with the 64cc heads from my buddy. I want to run GM Vortec 060 heads on it with a mild cam and a bored out TBI. I HAVE to keep the EGR on the truck due to Williamson county being a huge donkey dick when it comes to emissions.

My problem is that I cant for the life of me I can't find an intake manifold to match the Vortec 060 heads with the TBI AND EGR. I can find plenty of intakes that will bold up to Vortecs and TBI's but dont offer EGR. and I found a manifold that bolts up to Vortec heads and TBI that offers EGR but it is for 96-2000 trucks. The EGR's are different on these trucks than my 87 correct? My EGR doesn't have O2's on the exhaust manifold like this one is saying to run...

http://paceperformance.com/index.asp...&ProdID=218834

Any help would be great. Suggestions? Would running a factory manifold with some better flowing NON Vortec heads and bored out TBI be the way to go? Or should I keep trying for the Vortecs with after-market intake manifold? How much power would I suffer keeping a factory intake manifold?
Page 1 of 1