Page 1 of 2
Tools \  Tapered reamers

Tapered reamers

Tools Q & A
views 1703
replies 11
following 7

unusualfabrication   +1y
I need to pick up some tapered reamers but i'm not sure which ones to get. I need to match the upper and lower S-10 balljoint. I am assuming that the upper and lower tapers are different. I see that Speedway carries two different tapers. Can anybody help me out? It will save me from having to go get the balljoints and measure them out to see which ones they are. Thanks!
dragginmazda86   +1y
I believe Seth (twistedminis) stated once that the s-10 balljoint was 1.5 per foot taper. I'm not 100% sure so I would pm him or maybe he will chime in.
unusualfabrication   +1y
Seth whats the word on this? I could go buy one and measure it but I was hoping to avoid that.
dragginmazda86   +1y
ttt
TwistedMinis   +1y
From what I understand most minitruck ball joints are 1.5" per foot taper, and most fullsizes are 2" per foot taper. The tapers are the same for the most part, it just depends on how far it is drilled out. I have a 1.5" per foot taper than I use to make Toyota stuff fit other applications that are too small, such as Mazdas.
bdroppeddak   +1y
the higher degree taper works for the s10....
unusualfabrication   +1y
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/p/2918,27_Ball-Joint-Tapered-Reamers.html?itemNo=tapered%20reamers

It looks like they offer a 1 1/2" taper per foot 7 degree reamer and a 2" per foot 10 degree reamer. Cris, your saying that the 10 degree reamer is the correct reamer and Seth is saying the 7 degree reamer is correct? Maybe i'll just purchase both, lol.
TwistedMinis   +1y
I can't say for sure, I've never touched an S10 or any parts off of one. If Cris says its 10 degrees I would go with him because he does the S10 stuff.
bdroppeddak   +1y
its the 10 degree....