Page 1 of 2
Tools \  Thick Washers

Thick Washers

Tools Q & A
views 1558
replies 15
following 10

TwistedMinis   +1y
Anyone know where I can get some 1/4" thick finished washers? .690" - .710" ID, or about 11/16", and 1.25" - 1.50" OD. I really don't want to make my own with a hole saw because it will take too long, and then I will have to paint them to keep them from rusting. And I really really do not want to run two .115" thick washers side by side to simulate it because it just looks cheesy.
P   +1y
i'm guessing you dont have a hardware store that carries the crazy shit.. we have acouple, i'll look for you tomorrow if you want and if they have em, i'll give ya a price.
FreelandKustomz   +1y
sounds like the ones they use on the tubular arms. Call steve at cando i believe he has some. thats where i bought mine
TwistedMinis   +1y
Originally posted by P

i'm guessing you dont have a hardware store that carries the crazy shit.. we have acouple, i'll look for you tomorrow if you want and if they have em, i'll give ya a price.

I have a Fastenal. They stock some oddball bolts, but they just carry standard washers.

I'll call Steve, but I'd rather find some locally if possible, or at a place like McMaster Carr where I could order large quantities.
FreelandKustomz   +1y
yea good idea. I hate waiting on parts
TwistedMinis   +1y
I also need about 250 of them to start.
P   +1y
At the place i was going to check, you can buy em individual or by the box.. its a Mennonite hardware store.
TwistedMinis   +1y
Would they ship them?
P   +1y
IM sent.
Pacificustoms   +1y
Imperial Supply has some Extra Thick washers. Nothing exact to your specs, closest is:
They call it 5/8, OD 1-5/16, ID .656, .170-.195 thick and they sell in 50 pack.

You can browse for yourself at www.imperialsupplies.com

I like their grade 8 bolts because they have a crown style logo on the head...