Page 1 of 1
Truck Performance \  GM 350 HO crate engine swap

GM 350 HO crate engine swap

Truck Performance General Discussions
views 1159
replies 9
following 7

tealchevy   +1y
I am wanting to swap engines in my 87 Silverado. It has the factory 350 with the factory TBI. The engine has never been touched. Something that HAS to be done is keep the factory look. I want to be able to pop the hood and look like nothing is out of place....down to the exhaust manifolds.

The engine I am looking at is here:

http://www.gmperformanceparts.com/EngineShowcase/index.jsp?engId=350HO&engine=350%20HO&sku=12499711&engCat=sb

Just the right amount of power I am looking for, in my price range, and vortec heads.

I have a couple questions for you guys. If I throw this Edelbrock TBI intake manifold on it:

http://www.jegs.com/i/GM+Performance/809/12496821/10002/-1

..... can I use my factory TBI set up on it, all bracketry, And can I use my factory exhaust manifolds on this engine also?

Any input on this engine would be great. Distributer? ignition? I am going for a TOTAL factory look under the hood (I am swapping the chrome valve covers and timing cover for factory too)
bodydropped   +1y
yea u should be able to use the factory tbi with that intake but you need to make sure that the cam will put up enough vaccum to make the computer happy, the bracketry should be the same if im correct, i think the exhaust should mount the same also
P   +1y
Edited: 2/22/2008 11:50:15 AM by P

the thing about it is, it makes 330/380 due to the manifold and carb setup that it comes with.

the tbi's are notorious for being restrictive, you wont see that kind of power with your TBI setup.

if you're dead set on keeping the TBI, i'd suggest toping that motor off with something like the Edelbrock EFI setup, so its mapped for the cam and fuel to make 330/380
bodydropped   +1y
do you want to go fast or not?
tealchevy   +1y
hmmmmm
bodydropped   +1y
i got a 408 that is brand new and im on your way to frog capital lol
tealchevy   +1y
tell me more tj...
bodydropped   +1y
its a 408 that was built for a sprint car but never ran its built but need to be put together it has a cam but its not a street friendly cam, i started life as a 400 sbc bored 40 over but i can give you my number if you want to look at it but it comes with 882 heads that are fresh and ur choice of intake and i have a gasket set that goes with it
tealchevy   +1y
get on aim fool
bodydropped   +1y
im on aim just im me im hidden to ppl
Page 1 of 1