Page 1 of 1
Tools \  welding problem!!!

welding problem!!!

Tools Q & A
views 468
replies 5
following 6

automatik23   +1y
my welder acts as if it doesnt have enough voltage or amperage to lay any kind of decent bead on steal plate when i use it at home so i took it to my welding teacher to troubleshoot the problem...well we plugged it in set it to a round about startign point for 1/4" steal plate and it welded beautifully so i brought it home tonight and im havin the same problem...is there a chance my wall socket doesnt have enough amperage in it? its a brand new miller digital 252. any info would help.
ddranged   +1y
im no expert but usually if an appliance of anykind needs more aperage it will draw it and if the circuit does not have a large enough breaker it will pop. the other think that i know from experience is if you are using an extension cord of any kind (whether 110-220) if it is not a heavy enough gauge wire you can have a loss from the distance of travel. but that is the only ideas i got for you. maybe that will help.
eyepoppin customs   +1y
what size breaker are you using and how long is your cord and what size is it. i have a miller 210 and it on a 50 amp breaker on 100 amp service with a 20 foot cord #6-3 and works fine
tukn18saccord   +1y
are you using a extension cord??
prorida   +1y
x2 extention cord
wormy94   +1y
check the size of wire going to your outlet also
Page 1 of 1