Page 1 of 2
Tools \  tubing bender dies

tubing bender dies

Tools Q & A
views 730
replies 10
following 10

mikedee   +1y
i just got finished building my bender, got the plans from e bay. it says to use pro tools dies, my ? is what radius does every one use, or whats the most common used.
no1lowr   +1y
the one we are using right now is a 5.5 radius and its great for the roll cages weve been building, really clean and definitley very tight. but common i would say from 3.5-6.5 depending on what your doing.
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
i use my 3.5 the most.

Taylor
unusualfabrication   +1y
I have a couple different ones for different sizes. I guess it depends on what your doing.
iamagearheadru   +1y
I saw the topis of this post and my first thoughts were ....Sorry for your loss man.....
TwistedMinis   +1y
My 1" die is a 3" CLR, and makes perfect bag mounts. My 1.5" is 4.5" CLR, does nice drive line hoops.
framescr8pintoy   +1y
how much do dies run? thats pretty much only thing holding me back from starting to build mine. dont have the money to buy dies so why build it and stare at it collecting dust
TwistedMinis   +1y
Depending on which model you build, it is best to have the dies before hand.

My 1" die was under $200 shipped, the 1.5" was around $250 shipped.
framescr8pintoy   +1y
i got the plans for the same bender you have, i just put it off till i could get the funds. of course i could really use the bender now.
mikedee   +1y
i appreciate the info. brandon, it took me a sec to get but laughed mao. seth did you order yours from pro tools? are there any other cheaper places to order from?