Page 1 of 1
Tools \  craftsman welder any good?

craftsman welder any good?

Tools Q & A
views 6270
replies 6
following 6

slow50   +1y
Craftsman Model 20511 Mig Wire Feed Welder is this welder any good? some guy is selling it for 180 i am gona talk him down is that a good price. and is that enough to do frame work? he said it can do up to 3/16" in one pass.
Uncle Fester   +1y
I had a Crafsmen welder for a short while. Once I coudl find someone to buy it off me I went and bought a Miller 175 and am so glad I did as the Crafsmen was not easy to work with and generally

AZ UNDERGROUND   +1y
LOOK UP THE SPECS ..
THE_CRUCK   +1y
If your doing frame work, I'd just wait and save up for a miller. I have a craftsman, but it only used for sheet metal.
slow50   +1y
ok ill pass on it. is a miller 175 enough to do frames? is that a small or the bigger one with the bottle?
rock1911a1   +1y
If you are looking for a welder, check with your local welding shop first. I was checking into MIG welders several years ago and discovered that Century makes welding machines for Craftsman and Snap-on. Difference is price for same welder-400 for Century, 600 for Craftsman, and 800 for Snap-on. Go figure!
TwistedMinis   +1y
Originally posted by ineedatruck

ok ill pass on it. is a miller 175 enough to do frames? is that a small or the bigger one with the bottle?

Yes it is. The new model is the Miller 180. Its a compact welder, but it does run off a bottle. But it is also capable of flux core welding if you so desire.

Personally I've never liked the Craftsman or Snap-On welders. I know people that have a few and I have used some.

I would just stick to the big 3. Miller, Lincoln, and HTP. Go to the HTP website and ask for a free catalog. It has the prices in it. They sell directly from the manufacturer to the buyer, no middle man, and the prices are good. You can get a welder comparable to the Miller 212 (HTP 200) for about the same as a Miller 180 costs.
Page 1 of 1