hey has anyone ever used these

Tools Q & A
views 831
replies 13
following 10

twistofcain   +1y
has anyone ever used enco brand drillbits
bodydropped85   +1y
ive never used them, but i prefer unibits, so i dont need 11ty million drill bits.
twistofcain   +1y
i need more precision then a unibit
dragthatbitch   +1y
there good if you don't use them much, but for sizes you use a lot they wont last for shit.
twistofcain   +1y
ok thanks scott
bdroppeddak   +1y
Edited: 1/4/2008 6:37:57 PM by bdroppeddak

my boss taught me how to sharpen a drillbit on a bench grinder, if we need big drill bits, we buy the cheap jobber bits from enco or whoever, and then sharpen them if they dull.... if we need small bits (1/2 and under) and plan on drilling alot of holes, the best ones ive found are the dewalts with the pilot tip.... with a 1/2" bit, i drilled 180 holes in 1/4" angle and 730 holes in 1/4" aluminum with one, and still have the bit....
BaggedMazda87   +1y
Damn Cris, thats a good bit...

Wish i knew how to sharpen bits, i gotta Drill Dr. and still can't sharpen the damn things!

haha

tooleyhc   +1y
Originally posted by BaggedMazda87

Damn Cris, thats a good bit...

Wish i knew how to sharpen bits, i gotta Drill Dr. and still can't sharpen the damn things!

haha

No Shit! Hey Chris, put up a tutorial on "How to sharpen bits on a bench grinder"

HAHA
cookiemonster13   +1y
sharpening on a bench grinder is not the easiet thing to do with just a short tutorial.

chris i was wondering though, have you tried or had any luck sharpening those dewalt bits with the pilot tip? i bought some but i havent needed to sharpen them yet. i was wondering if it was even possible or if that pilot tip would be in the way?

cookie