Tools \  Stupid Air Tool Questions

Stupid Air Tool Questions

Tools Q & A
views 262
replies 2
following 3

Lexpusher96   +1y
Edited: 1/2/2008 12:15:53 AM by Lexpusher96

Ok, so I have an Ingersoll-Rand 7.5hp 80gal 2-stage compressor in my shop. Usually I would just connect any given tool and work with it. But some don't work that well and I just bought a new air tool and noticed it said max. air pressure 90psi. So my compressor's built in press. switch brings on the compressor at 90 and it turns off at about 150psi. Do I put a small regulator close to the tool like you would on a paint gun? How do I work this out? Just something basic that I never thought about before lol.
gravity5   +1y
I would put a high flow regulator at the connector on the wall, and keep the pressure right around 90 psi, it will make the air supply last longer and make your compressor be able to keep up better.
thacru78   +1y
I have a smaller compressor but the same should apply.....
I have a water/oil seperator at the compressor that has a built in regulator. My plasma in 90 psi max so I keep the pressure around 70. Makes the air last alot longer. Only time I turn it up to the max is when it's connected to a truck or i'm running my impact. You need some type of regulator, specially if you plan to run alot of different air tools.
Page 1 of 1