Page 1 of 1
Tools \  Tool questions

Tool questions

Tools Q & A
views 269
replies 5
following 6

killersloth   +1y
For christmas I got 2 cordless tool combo kits (DeWalt and Ryobi). I was wondering what you guys thought as far as which one I should return...

DeWalt:
DeWalt Kit

Ryobi:
Ryobi Kit
and it came with this for free:
Free Tool

I am thinking that I want to keep the Dewalt kit since I think the tools will last me longer, but it doesn't come with as many tools.

I already have a Dewalt sander and like it alot, and was thinking if I returned the Ryobi, I could get a corded jigsaw and grinder since the cordless versions are WAY expensive, and I dont think I would need those to be cordless (and the grinder would probably not work as well).

Thanks
time1   +1y
Return the Ryobi junk. I think the dewalt stuff if way better quality.
rangerlayinrocker   +1y
i bought the ryobi, since i couldnt justify the extra cost for the dewalt stuff and i got more tools for the money with the free tool deal. the ryobi stuff is ok but its not the same quality as dewalt, i did get the cordless grinder as the free tool and it works good for smoothing out welds and small stuff but as far as anytihng like grinding anything big i will stick to my dewalt corded grinder, i do like the skill saw tho it works good for the kinda work i do(flooring)
marcus760   +1y
yeah i own a dewalt 18 volt cordless drill,have had for about 7 years i have dropped it, thrown it,got paint on it
and it still works.
90maz   +1y
The dewalt stuff will last 10+ years were as the ryobi will probaly die in 1 - 3 years dependind on use. And the dewalt simplly works better then the ryobi.
incognito 1   +1y
All I buy is Dewalt & Millwaukee.
Page 1 of 1