Page 1 of 2
Toy Model Cars \  Chevrolet Colorado Build Up

Chevrolet Colorado Build Up

Toy Model Cars General Discussions
views 938
replies 12
following 8

BOYETT   +1y
Heres the most recent pics of progress...so far ive shaved the handles, rain gutters, third brake light, tailights, and molded the rear end shut...i also bodydropped the bed floor and cut out the front fenders so i can tuck big rims...without further adue...

jbaker72157   +1y
where did you get this? did they have single cabs lol?
BOYETT   +1y
Its made by a company called Maisto...they only make ext. cabs, but if someone were to throw me some extra cash, i wouldnt hesitate to make it into a standard cab...
lucky_brew   +1y
Maisto makes kick ass minitruck models. hobby lobby sells them and you can get a 40% off coupon off their website.
framescr8pintoy   +1y
is that 1/24th all i can find online is 1/18th scale
HaVoC1   +1y
Is that plastic of metal??
ptman2002   +1y

this is diecast and its 1-18 scale.
patlalande123   +1y

man, i thought i was the only one that had these idea's. i am currently building a f-350 laid out. i have pics but the project is not complete. If this project comes out good my next project is going to be this colorado. I have questions for you though... what did you use to mold the rear tailgate, make the rollpan and mold everything in the box together. i have tried everything from putty to actuall car filler. im absolutly stumped, and i have asked around on hobby forum's and they are not sure what to use. thanks, Patrick. 
post photo
BOYETT   +1y
I used "liquid metal."  you can pick it up at any autoparts store or a hardware store.
patlalande123   +1y

thanks for answers, but im still wondering if this stuff is sandable, and paintable. sorry to be so complicated. i just dont want to spend another 10$'s on something that wont work, just yet again. how much does this product cost? Thanks, Patrick